Monday, August 27, 2007

Black Gold

I saw this Documentary at Karori Baptist Church last night at thier night church. It was a really challenging movie to watch. Look out for fair trade as it is the way to go. The income that African nations get from trade is five times the amount they get from Aid. It is neccessary for these countries farmers to get a reasonable price for thier coffee - this can only be done if the consumer in western nations buy fair trade products showing multinational corperations that there is a need for ethical product. If you want any more information on this movie and fair trade coffee head to www.blackgoldmovie.com

1 comment:

Weltanschauung said...

I have started buying fair trade coffee. Given the volume of coffee I drink I might well be able to support a small African nation with my consumption of fair trade coffee alone ^_^