Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Jesus - Who are we Following?

What is the picture of Jesus?
He loved the poor and accosted the arrogant.
So which one do you want to be?
Who is this that you follow?
This picture of the Pavalova Quarter Acre Paradise?
If Jesus was here would you walk by on the other side?
Or fall down and worship at His holy feet?
Blessed are the poor in Spirit
Or do we pray to be blessed with the wealth of this land?
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness
Or do we ache for another taste of this world of shifting sands?
Because my Jesus bled and died for my sins.
He spent His time with thieves, sluts and liars
He loved the poor and accosted the rich.
So which one do you want to be?
Who is this that you follow?
This picture of the Pavalova Quarter Acre Paradise?
If Jesus was here would you walk by on the other side?
Or fall down and worship at His holy feet?
Pretty blue eyes and curly brown hair and a clear complexion
is how you see Him as He dies for your sins
But the Word says he was battered and scarred or did you miss that part.
Sometimes I doubt we’d recognise Him
Because my Jesus bled and died
He spent His time with thieves and the least of these
He loved the poor and accosted the comfortable
So which one do you want to be?
Because my Jesus would never be accepted in my Church
The blood and dirt on His feet would stain the carpet
He reaches for the hurting and despises the proud
I think He’d prefer to be with the blanket man to this stained glass crowd
And I know He can hear me if I cry out loud.
I want to be like my Jesus
I want to be like my JesusI want to be like my Jesus
I want to be like my Jesus
Not a poster child for prosperity, but like my my Jesus
You see I am tired of living for success and popularity.
I want to be like my Jesus, but I’m not sure what that means to be like You, Jesus.


The Word
Became flesh
with hands
to draw in dirt
clearing away the
stained bed sheets
stiring hearts
homeless
visiting the paralytic
through friends

-Laila Blanchard
In Sub-merge by John B.Hayes


Are we willing to accept the radical image of Jesus, or are we just serving an image of Jesus painted in an exceptable way that we can easily accept
Are we willing to accept the costs of living the life that God has called us to?
What step is God challenging us to take in our faith life – what is our next step in discipleship?

James 2:14-17
What good is it, dear brothers and sisters. If you say you have faith but you don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well” – but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does it do.
So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

No comments: