Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mosaic - A year on

Life a year on

About a year ago, I made a decision, I walked into a Café at 6.00 on a Sunday night to meet a group of people doing something different, something new. I had become frustrated at where I was, I needed challenge. I had a yearning that there was a great world to be discovered, to explore. The community was Mosaic. A group of 10 or so people, who are trying to figure out what it means to be Christians today. We aim to be missional in all that we do.

So what has this meant for me, what have I learned over the last year.

Intentionality

Communitas

Missional living

Hospitality

Generosity

What has happened to me on this journey:

I have detoxed from where I was;

I have learned new things about Gods character;

I am learning how important it is to be defined by God, not by stuff, by what I believe, the exterior;

I am learning that it I am responsible for my journey, I have to take self-leadershipl and

I have figured out that this journey isn’t over, its just beginning

Hopefully in the next few blogs, I will unpack a bit of what’s been going on this past year, where my thinking is, and where I need to move next. This may help people, it may not.

No comments: