Thursday, June 24, 2010

Learning to let Go

I am writing this blog on my phone on the bus as I go to work so please forgive me if there are even more mistakes than normal.

Last night I led Mosaic expressions. The theme was around letting go. It was inspired from me listening loads to the artist Lauryn Hill, and particularly her song "freedom time."

Lauryn Hills music often tells the story of her struggle with fame, the persona that was put on her by the industry and who she really is, and her spiritual jounrey to wholeness. Which she ascribes to letting go of those things the world held dear and focusing on those things that a true wealth.

Galatians 2:20 sums up this nicely; "Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impressed God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine", but it is lived by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me"

One of the great motiffs in film and culture for letting go is to throw a stone out, i led an activity around that idea.

Activity
What unhealthy practices are you attached to (e.g. Unhealthy self talk, sarcasm. Aloofness, temper tantrums)

What response would you like to cultivate instead?

Throw a stone into thhe water to represent you letting go of the unhealthy practice.

No comments: