Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lent - the beginning

For people who do not know Lent starts tomorrow. Lent is the 40 days (technically 40 days, including weekend!) leading up to up to the climax of easter. The season of easter is a time for Christians to focus on prayor, confession, giving and self - denial.

Many christians today throughout the many traditions recognise this season by giving up something (such as a particular activity, item of food) or by giving away money to people in need.

As part of this season, I will be doing three main activities.

  • I will be giving up coffee, v, and coke for 40 days;
  • I will be giving up alcohol; and
  • I will be doing blogs reflecting on the days leading up to Easter.

At this moment of time I have a bit of nervousness regarding this whole activity leading up to easter, particularly worried about what the effect of giving up coffee will be for me over the coming weeks.

Look forward to sharing reflections with you.

No comments: